Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Easiest Dinner You Will Ever Make: Take 2

Begin Scene:
Kitchen. Kids running around playing. Yelling, "Mom, I'm hungry!" "Mom, what's for dinner?!" "Mom, he's looking at me!" "Mom!" "Mom!" 
You - the mom. Looking around the kitchen wondering what the heck to have for dinner. Thinking "I have to make another meal? Didn't they just eat?!"
End Scene.

Sound familiar? Ever have days like this?

I previously posted about The Easiest Dinner You Will Ever Make. Well, that one IS the easiest dinner you will ever make but this is a close second. I mean this requires a tiny bit of effort but not much.

Are you ready for it?!  (Drum roll please...) It's PASTA!

Wait! Wait! Don't go anywhere?! Just hear me out! (And to be fair, I have previously admitted that I am no Rachel or Giada, but I CAN do easy meals.)

Okay, it's not just ANY kind of pasta. It is Buitoni pasta. 

What is Buitoni pasta you ask? It is a yummy brand that makes fresh tortellini and ravioli, as well as sauces. They carry all kinds of flavors but my favorite is the Mixed Cheese Tortellini and their Pesto with Basil sauce. So, so yummy! Here's a glimpse:

Make this and throw together a salad - Boom! Nice Italian dinner.

I like this dish because it is something different from regular pasta noodles and marinara sauce. Plus, the Pesto is outstanding! Just the right amount of spices and not too much garlic.

I always get the Mixed Cheese Tortellini, but on a whim, grabbed this yesterday instead:
 
 
It is amazing! Even Jeff who will eat anything said, "This is really good." Like make you wanna smack your mama good. I'm kidding! Joking! I would never smack my momma (unless she tried to take my Wild Mushroom pasta). Ahem.

So there you have it! Something new AND easy to make for dinner.

Eat your heart out, Giada!

4 comments:

  1. I haven't tried the Buitoni raviolis in ages. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have to try this.....It looks really good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So yummy and easy! If you try it, let me know what you think!

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting!