Because nothing says "classy" like a port-o-potty.
I love my house, my neighborhood and my location. What I do not love is the new construction. Some of you may remember that I tweeted about my "love" for new construction a while back.
Here are some of the reasons "Why I Love New Construction".
- Nail in my tire. I totally understand how the nails you were using on the new house ended up in the middle of the street. It makes perfect sense. I really don't mind getting a new tire for my car. I was going to get one next year so why not now.
- Use of profanity in front of my kids. This is America! Your freedom of speech is protected! You should be able to say whatever you'd like! You shouldn't have to cut back on your f-bombs simply because little kids are outside playing. If the kids absorb these words and begin to say them, that's their parents problem!
- Parking in front of my mailbox. You know I should thank you for this one. Keeping my mail from being delivered that day kept me from getting my phone bill one more day.
- Port-o-potty. Not only does the port-o-potty scream "class", but it is also a great street marker. When people are visiting for the first time, I simply say, "We are across the street from the port-o-potty. Can't miss it!"
- Blasting your radio at full volume during nap time. You are working hard over there. Why not have a little music to listen to? Far be it for some little baby trying to take a nap to interfere with your jams.
- Using the water faucet on the outside of my house. Please just help yourself to as much water as you'd like. No, no, I insist! I'll just pay the water bill and you take as much as you need.
Thank goodness I will not have to deal with this new construction much longer. They only have twenty houses to go.