Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Counting Crows Is More Fun Than Counting Calories



This summer has been great. We have been able to relax and enjoy each others company without having any real agenda. 

Due to our laid back approach, I may have gained a few pounds. Not a lot, mind you, but enough where my clothes are feeling extremely snug.

So, in an effort to lose some weight to fit better into my clothes and to be healthier, I have started counting calories.

For those of you who have never counted calories, let me assure you it is not fun. In fact, counting crows is more fun than counting calories. And you guys know how much I love birds.

(Side note: Does sarcasm play well on the internet?)

For those of you who have never needed to count calories because of your metabolism, who are you?! Seriously. Who are you?!

Actually, don't tell me. Because then I would plot your imminent demise and you would be unhappy and I would feel guilty. Let's forget I asked.

Anyway, I have been counting my calories for a month now and I have lost nine pounds.

Woo hoo!

Let's celebrate by eating nachos!

Wait.

I guess that counter intuitive, huh?

I have been pleased with the results and I am sticking to my guns, however it is difficult.

Why?

BECAUSE I AM SO HUNGRY.

Honestly.

I guess this is a side effect of cutting back on your intake of food. Your body is like, "FEED ME! FEED ME!" and your brain is like, "No way, fatty!"

You find yourself thinking about food A LOT. And dreaming about food. And watching food shows on TV.

The other night, Hubby and I were watching TV. First it was Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.

My first thought was, "I would totally eat that."

My second thought was, "I bet that is 1000 calories."

My third thought was, "I'm actually jealous of crazy neo-blond Guy Fieri."

When it got to be too much, I turned it to the Travel Channel only to find Andrew Zimmern in Bizarre Foods was on.

Now, I'm so hungry that I look at what he's eating and think, "I bet that sheep's brain wouldn't be too bad with some butter and garlic."

YOU GUYS WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!

Let this be a warning to all of those who may encounter me while I'm out-and-about, don't stand too close. I may bite.

Does anyone have any fava beans?

Kidding! Kidding!

Sort of.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting!