You can feel the sun on your face. You get to wear shorts everyday. You are going to be taking vacation soon. This kids are out of school.
We may have to revisit that last one.
I kid! I joke! I jest!
Anyway, who doesn't like summer?! There is definitely a lot to love about summer.
After much thought and consideration, I think I have narrowed down my list.
Top 8 Reasons Why I Love Summertime
1. It's warm. Hello, Captain Obvious! Well, I don't know about you, but this last winter was stupid. I'm talking "off the charts-the tundra isn't even this cold-ridiculous" stupid. So when warm weather appears, *sigh*, I'm so glad to see you.
2. Clothes are optional. You just went to the pool but you remembered you are out of milk and bread. No problem! You throw a pair of shorts over your bathing suit, grab your kids in their swim trunks and dash to the nearest grocery. And no one minds that you and your kids are half dressed! There is no judgement here. Just a "oh look they must have just come from the pool where they obviously had a great time", instead of "look at that hilljack who's kids don't even have their shirts on and that mom is wearing a bathing suit out in public".
3. The pool. Before kids, I used to go lay by the pool reading a book and soaking up the sun with occasional dips in the pool. Now? Totally different. I still love the pool but for a whole different reason. The pool wears the kids out. Take them to the pool for an hour or two and you have worn their little selves out. Mom = Winner.
4. There is no rush. Think back to the school year. Remember how crazy it is? Trying to get everyone ready to go and out the door in a timely fashion? Oh the insanity! But now? Relax! It's summer! There is no real agenda. You want to take an hour eating breakfast? Go right ahead! Sit around in your pajamas until noon? No problem! Sleep to the really late hour of 8:15am? Be my guest!
5. It's acceptable to be lazy. Hmm, you might want to revisit #5.
6. Vacation. You get to go on vacation. For me, that is the beach. Oh, how I love the beach. Let me count the ways....
7. Sandals. My feet are so happy when I can wear sandals and flip flops. They thank me for letting them out into the wild. Maybe you feel this way too. But please, for the love of all things holy, please take care of those feet before sharing them with the world. No one wants to see Freddie Krueger toenails. Ick.
8. Water Balloons. Everyone loves water balloons. You know who doesn't like water balloons? NO ONE. They are just too much fun. This is a usual occurence in the Mossey household. The boys love it. Hubby loves it and I love it. Eventhough I am usually the one who ends up covered in the most water. Water Balloons = Happiness.
What are some of your favorite things about summer?