Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Ways To Instantly Feel Better About Yourself

 

Ever have those days where you feel confident? 

Where you think to yourself, "Yes, I am wearing these jeans and I look hawt!"? Look at those people in the grocery checking me out as I stroll through the produce section. That cashier at the bookstore was totally trying to eyeball my backside. And my significant other could not stop groping me today because I looked so fine.

That is awesome!! You SHOULD have days where you feel good about yourself and you feel like you look good. Those days where your confidence gets a boost.

I have those days most of the time. You know with my elaborate beauty routine and my sophisticated wardrobe.

But on the off chance I am having a bad day, it can make you feel like crap. One of those days when you wake up with bags under your eyes the size of Kim Kardashian's luggage. Or you happen to steal a glance in the mirror and think, "I think I feel off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down". Or those days when you try on your "fail safe always makes you look good item" and feel like Fatty McFat Pants.

Pity party of one!

Never fear, my dear readers! I have some fail safe ways to instantly boost your self-esteem and make you feel better about yourself.

(NOTE: I am not a self-help guru. I just play one on my blog.)

So without further ado, I give you "Ways To Instantly Feel Better About Yourself".

1. DO NOT LOOK IN ANY SHINY SURFACES AFTER LEAVING THE HOUSE. Now, this obviously applies to mirrors because all mirrors outside of your home are tainted with evil. They will make you appear misshapen, or over-exaggerate the size of your pores or highlight a pimple you did not know you had. This also goes for any shiny surface you come across. A window at the department store? Look away! Picking up your silver spoon to stir your coffee? Don't even think about it! The mirrors in your home are your friends. They make you feel beautiful. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES LOOK INTO OTHER MIRRORS OR SHINY SURFACES. Trust me. No good can come of it.

2. NEVER EVER TRY ON BATHING SUITS. But Michelle, you say, it IS summertime and people go to the pool/beach during the summer. Yes, what you say is true. People do like to get in bodies of water occasionally in the summertime. Think about the whole "finding a bathing suit experience". You have to strip down to your skivvies in the horrible harsh store lighting in front of three ginormous mirrors highlighting every flaw. Yeah. I think I'll pass. Um, Michelle, you say, bathing suits are what people wear to swim in. But you don't have to wear a bathing suit! You can wear a tank top with shorts. This is almost like a bathing suit, but it's not (which is the key point here). Or you could wear a cute dress. Or, hey, a mumu! If you feel like you absolutely, postively, must wear a bathing suit. Go find the cutest cover-up you can, put it over last years bathing suit and NEVER TAKE IT OFF. You're welcome.

3. WEAR BIG SUNGLASSES. Now, this may seem like a no-brainer but I feel I have to mention it for posterity's sake. Think about the celebrities you see in pictures. They are all striding away purposely wearing big sunglasses. So, you put on your favorite pair of sunglasses and keep them on the whole day. Never taking them off. People will glance at you in the bookstore or at Target wondering, "Who is that lady? Do I know her? I think she's famous." Dark sunglasses - BOOM - instant intrigue and mystery. (Plus it covers up those bags under your eyes AND you don't have to wear eye make-up.) I know. I'm your hero.

4. ONLY HANG OUT WITH THOSE PEOPLE WHO MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF. (This is actually something we should all do everyday because who needs people in their lives that make you feel like crap but that's a post for another day.) It never fails to lift my spirits when someone I love gives me a genuine compliment or simply give me a hug and tells me they love me. If you are truly having a bad day, tell these people who love you. They will make you feel a whole heck of a lot better about yourself. Because it's hard to feel bad when you know there are people who love you and think your awesome just the way you are.

So folks, those are a few of my ways to instantly feel better about yourself.

And just remember:

You're good enough.
You're smart enough.
And dogonnit, people like you!
        - Stuart Smiley

 

4 comments:

  1. Yes, NEVER try on bathing suits when you're having a bad day!! Great advice all around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bathing suit shopping is for the brave, I say!
      How was your vacation? Did you guys have a nice time?
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Hilarious but definitely some great advice here! I already avoid shopping for bathing suits though so I'm good there. Baggy eyes? I'm a pro. (*sigh*) Oh well. Sadly I don't have too many IRL friends to hang out with for hugs and commiserating so that kind of sucks. At least I still have the husband! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hang in there, Kim! Even hugs from our little ones and our kiddos can lift our spirits!
      Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting!