Friday, August 24, 2012

Mama: The Human Kleenex


Once upon a time, I was svelte. Yes, I just said svelte.

Before kids, I would shop at only places whose names ended in "Republic" or "Taylor". Whenever I left the house, I made sure my make-up was expertly applied and I wore a well put together ensemble. Yes, I said ensemble.

In the past, my style was referred to as "classic". I chose well made items that were timeless pieces made from nice materials. I had sassy heels, some might even say strappy heels, that I wore to work each day.

Oh those days! I remember those days. I remember that Michelle! *Waves.*

Don't get me wrong. I still love those stores and getting all gussied-up. I like being pretty. However, my current lifestyle doesn't lend a lot of time for a beauty regiment right now.

Why not? (Those of you who are moms who are reading this right now are chuckling.)

Well, being a SAHM with two boys under the age of four, there's not a lot of time for "playing dress up."

Super nice clothes are out.  My kids wipe their Cheeto fingers, Oreo mouths and runny noses on me. I'm mama, The Human Kleenex.

My favorite clothing stores are now places that end in "arget" or "Navy".  Why would I want to spend a crap load of money on something that is going to resemble a Jackson Pollack painting at the end of the day?

They are always wanting my attention. They will often pull on my pants, shorts, shirts, sweaters and hair to try and get it. No folks, I'm not homeless. My clothes are just misshapen due to my little rug rats climbing on me. I'm mama, The Human Jungle Gym.

You've got to make the most out of that two minutes you have to get ready for the day. If my hair is combed, teeth brushed, and deodorant on, I feel like a beauty queen. Bring on the paparazzi! I am mama, The Speedy Beautician.

Even though I miss being dolled-up sometimes, I wouldn't trade my yoga pants, hair ponytailed current self for all the money in the world. I get to spend everyday loving on my two sweet boys and NOTHING is better than that.

However, I would like to be able to go to the bathroom by myself..,

13 comments:

  1. Great post! It's sooo true! :) Totally get it! ... but honestly... I am sure you look prettier than ever! there's just something about being a mom!

    Happy Saturday Sharefest Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks for the kind words, Paloma! There IS something about being a mom. I feel blessed to be these boys mama!
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. I can totally identify! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, yes this! There is not a day that goes by that I don't get spit up on/ drinks spilled on me/ sticky fingers wipe on my clothes. I don't mind. So much so, I barely notice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, Alison! It's just a day in the life of a mommy with little kids. I joke but I know I am a blessed lady! ;)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Lol, it's funny because it's true!!! My son has taken on the habit of just sneezing into the wind, even in the car. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy smokes! I am almost always covered in grime. *Sigh.* Ah well. This is the hand I was dealt. ;)
      Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete
  5. I totally hear ya! I gave up on all nice clothes - like don't even own any when my second son came along. Wait! I do a have a "wedding outfit" that I've worn to four weddings. And I'm lucky if my hair even gets brushed before leaving the house. Crazy times! Stopping by from My Life with Kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally relate. If I have my hair combed, teeth brushed, and deodorant on, bring on the paparazzi!
      Thanks for visiting, Kate!

      Delete
  6. HA ha! Seriously! I was looking through my drawer the other day and realized 3/4s of my clothes have stains or holes!

    Thanks so much for linking up with the Weekend Blog Walk!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! I am constantly saying, "Don't pull on my shirt!" or "Use a tissue instead!" ;)
      Thanks for visiting and hosting the blog hop! :)

      Delete
  7. Love your style of writing and humor!!! I think we would be like besties or something if we lived near each other!!! Read a bunch of your articles and enjoyed them all! visiting from SITS! You may laugh a bit if you visit my site as well...there are some serious ones too- but I mean the funny ones are soooo flippin' funny! Silence. Awkward pause. NO really! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting!