So yesterday, I made these cookies for the second time in seven days. They are so frakking yummy! As in, "I think I might be dependent on these cookies to function" good. Yes, I realize I may have a problem. (What's that? I mentioned I have a problem with reading. Well, touche. I have lots of problems. Let's try to stay on topic. Shall we?)
Anyway, I know what you are thinking. You are thinking, "Yeah, yeah. If I had a dollar for everytime someone told me they had the 'best chocolate chip cookies', I'd have five dollars." But, no seriously, they are the best chocolate chip cookies ever!
Skeptical? Here are some comments from those who have experienced the awesomeness:
- "These are freaking amazing!" - My cousin, A
- "Mama, I want some more cookies! Mama, can I have some more cookies? Mama, mama!!!!" - J
- "Dee di doh gee ga." - L as he points to the cookie container
Still not convinced? Let me plead my case.
- This recipe is Jeff's Grandma's recipe. She used to be a Home Economics teacher. (Oh yeah! This stuff just got REAL.)
- This recipe has chocolate chips AND peanut butter AND oatmeal.
That's what I thought. But, I am not here to gloat. I am here to share this fantastic recipe with you. You will fall in love with these cookies. You will want to make them twice a week, or everyday. (Disclaimer: Not liable for your addiction to these cookies. You have been warned.)
Outrageous Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 stick of butter (I did not say it was healthy, people.)
1/2 tsp vanilla (Posted this initally as 1 tsp. Sorry! Did it from memory.)
1 cup flour
1/2 cup instant oats
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
6 oz chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix first six ingredients together. Then, mix in flour, oats, baking powder and salt. Finally, fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes. (I find 11 minutes to be the perfect time.) Remove from oven and let stand on baking sheet for one minute before removing. Makes about two dozen.
- Eat the cookies.