I want to get each of you The Clapper. It's totally awesome, isn't it? The perfect gift.
How many times have you been in bed reading or watching TV, all comfy and cozy, then realize you have to get out of your snuggle pit to turn off the lights? Annoying, isn't it?! If you had the clapper, all you'd have to do is clap your hands and PRESTO! The lights turn off and you can stay in your nice, warm bed.
Except, ahem, here's the thing. The clapper is not very expensive, however when you want to buy it for all of your readers it adds up. Yes, if I bought one for all twelve of you, it would be a big chunk of change.
BUT DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED!
I am going to give you the next best thing!! I am going to give you my list of the best books for 2012.
Folks, there are not many things in this world better than a good book. When you are sitting down, all cozy with your coffee or tea, reading a good book that you cannot put down, it is a little slice of heaven!
If you need a good book to read, these are definitely the ones to grab off the shelf or download onto your e-reader.
After going through my "read" book list on Goodreads, I counted all of the books I read this year. Turns out, I have read 61 books this year.
There were a lot of good books, a few horrible ones and several great ones.
Some of you may wonder how I read so many books with so little time to myself. Two things - 1) I'm a fast reader. Like read a book in four hours fast. and 2) I read until the wee hours of the morning. Who needs sleep anyway?!
I enjoy reading YA fiction. But, good YA fiction, like The Hunger Games or Harry Potter.
All the books listed below had an element of romance and mystery or good vs. evil. Most of these books were either dystopia or science fiction.
So, in no particular order, here are the ones I thought were exceptional:
- Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout. This is the first book in the Covenant Series. Jennifer is a master at writing books that hook you and pull you in. She develops characters you respect and love, throwing in romance, mystery and bad-assedness along the way. (Yes, I said bad-assedness.) I have already read the first three books in the series if that tells you anything.
- Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Another one by Jennifer! This is the first book in the Lux series. You guys! The romance in these books and the sexual tension in both series is crazy, yo! (P.S. it is a sweet romance, not trashy like 50 Shades of Grey.) I am currently on my third in this series.
- The Crown Of Embers by Rae Carson. This is the second book in the Fire and Thorns series. Rae creates a vivid world in which a very unlikely girl is put in a position of power and she learns about who she truly is along the way. This book is so well written and the hero is so wonderfully flawed, yet perfect, you will fall in love with her. And the romance, swoon, is so sweet and unexpected.
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. This is the first book in the Grisha series. This is a dystopian society series and you know these are my favorite people!! Another book with an unlikely heroine who you will fall in love with and see where she ends up. The mystery, the desolation of the world they live in and the romance packs quite a punch.
- Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver. This is the second book in the Delirium series. In this series, love is considered a disease and you receive an operation at age 16 so you will never have to contract this horrible disease. If this premise doesn't grab you from the get go, then how about non-stop action and reluctant romance?
- A Beautiful Evil by Kelly Keaton. This is the second book in the Gods and Monsters series. Dystopian society! New twist on an old Greek myth! Romance! Good vs. Evil! I cannot say enough good things about this series. When I finished reading this book, I was so sad because it was over. I cannot wait until the next one comes out. I'm counting down the days.
- Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. This is the first book in the Under The Never Sky Series. Loved this new take on a dystopian society series. The main character, Aria, runs into an outside, Perry, and they have to rely on one another to survive. In a word - Could Not Put It Down! (Okay, that was more than one word.) But it was excellent!!
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. This is the first book in the Shatter Me series. This book is all kinds of awesome! It is part X-Men, part Say Anything, and part James Bond. You will love it! Trust me!!!
- For Darkness Shows The Stars by Diana Peterfruend. Just discovered this is going to be a series! *Squeeee!!* I am told this book is similiar to 'Pride and Prejudice' but I have never read Jane Austen so I'm not sure. But this book is so beautifully written. So sweet. So heartbreaking. So romantic. You won't be able to put this one down.
So dear readers, when you find yourself with a few minutes to yourself, grab one of these books, prop your feet up and get ready for your world to be rocked.