Thursday, July 26, 2012

What Happens In St. Louis Stays In St. Louis

Last weekend, my mom, Aunt C and I headed out-of-town for our annual girls' trip.  This year, our destination was St. Louis where my cousin, A, who makes up the last piece of this happy foursome, resides.

Aren't we cute?

We laughed.  We ate.  We cried. We ate. We shopped. We ate some more.  We drank. We ate. We watched a movie. We ate.  Well...you get the idea.

I won't give you the specifics because we all pinky sweared and agreed, "what happens in St. Louis stays in St. Louis". But I have to tell you just a few of some of the hilarious things that were said.

When A and I discovered that our moms were reading the popular series about a certain Mr. Christian Grey.  Mom said, "I am on the third book in Twenty Shades of Grey series."  Hi-Lar-I-Ous!

At some point, I was talking about Twitter (which I love) and tweeting.  Aunt C says, "I don't understand what the big deal is about The Tweeter." Love it!  From henceforth, I will be referring to Twitter as "The Tweeter".



 Quick trip to the grocery!

One day, we needed to run to the grocery to get some supplies (i.e. cheese and wine).  Upon pulling into the parking lot, Mom looks up from her phone and says, "Why are we headed to Schmuck's?"  Oh. Em. Gee.  This one almost caused me to pee my pants.

I believe I can speak for all of us when I say we had a great time.  We always do.  It doesn't matter where we go or what we do.  Just that we are together. 

There is something so comforting knowing that you have friends and/or family that love you for you.  You don't have to put on a "happy face" or pretend to be something you aren't. These people care for you - warts and all. (Side note: I currently do not have any warts. I had them removed when I was in the sixth grade.) You can speak your mind and they will still love you. (They may make fun of you but they still love you.)

If you don't have someone in your life like this, you need to find one ASAP.  It may take a few bad eggs to find a good one but it's worth it.

If you do, you should give them a hug or send them an email right now to let them know how glad you are to have them in your life.

*Chuckling.* Writing this post reminds me when we were in St. Louis and my bra...Oh wait.  Sorry!  Almost forgot! 

What happens in St. Louis stays in St. Louis.

4 comments:

  1. What is this new series of books people are talking about? Glad you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a blast! Thankfully I do have women in my life like this, unfortunately I don't get to see them nearly enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great time. I agree, it's wonderful to be with people who know everything and love you anyway. Plus, the funny things people of different generations say is so worth it.

    Glad you had fun. Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. found you on SITS sharefest. Sounds like a great trip, its important to have great people in your life.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting!